Shady Study Spot out by the pool…
Study Snack: Plain Greek Yogurt, Walnuts, and Honey
Rockin’ my BGSU T-shirt!
Checklist for the weekend:
- Texture Modification Assignment
- Finish, Edit, and Complete 3 Case Studies from the summer
- Leadership Assignment- Emotional Intelligence
Micro- Iron Readings and Discussion
Advanced- Review Chapter 5 in textbook
My favorite recipe with dates!
This homemade nut butter recipe is from one of my go-to recipe websites:
I seriously eat this by the spoonful as a snack! Another favorite way to eat it is on a cinnamon rice cake with raisins or apple slices and cinnamon. YUM!
OATMEAL COOKIE NUT BUTTER
Photo Credit: The Healthy Foodie
- Start by adding the raisins, pitted dates and walnuts to the bowl of your food processor
- Pulse a few times until you get a mixture that has the consistency of small pebbles. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shredded coconut, cashew pieces, macadamia nuts and coconut oil to the bowl of the food processor. Process until very smooth and creamy, about 8-10 minutes total, scraping the sides from time to time.
- Add the honey, vanilla, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Resume processing for just a few seconds, until well combined. Do not over process at this point or your nut butter may want to separate.
- Add reserved date raisin mixture and pulse a few times, very quickly, just to get everything mixed in, no more.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar and allow to rest for 24 hours so the nut butter can firm up a bit and flavors have a chance to fully develop.
Our Early Childhood Education department had the opportunity to show case our work on the Board Room Bulletin Boards this month. I designed and posted one board focusing on Nutrition (of course) and one on Education. I definitely underestimated the humongous size of these boards that take up an entire wall so everything should have been about 20 times bigger but I learned for next time!
Description: Collage posters made by students and families of physical activity, Photos from the parent nutrition cooking class workshops, School gardens, Paper mache beets!!, Graphs and artwork of carrots, Radishes from one school garden, and Pictures from our smoothie day.
My favorite student quote from our Harvest of the Month program: “I like the grapefruit. It doesn’t taste like grape.” – 4 Year Old Student
- Heavy Cream
- Milk Powder
- Whole Milk
- DRY ICE!
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Bowls (place in freezer to chill)
Registered for FNCE today!! Who’s with me?
Check it out! I hope to see some of you there!
I’m going to miss being with all of my new pen pals and friends in our cohort but I’m happy to be home ❤
Iceberg Quotes and reflections coming soon…
First of all, a shoutout to Shaun- Happy Birthday to my awesome group member and 27 YO buddy!
Now from our communication and social media class today:
Enjoy some of my pinterest recipes here: https://www.pinterest.com/shemariec/delish/ Check out the watermelon cake! A “cake” recipe in honor of Shaun’s Bday.
As soon as I review the PowerPoint and all my notes this blog will continue to improve 🙂
Don’t forget to wear Orange, Grey, Brown, or White tomorrow or something BGSU for our end of the week class picture. See you all at 8:30 AM for our Last day together (until the reunion of course).
- Read Our Iceberg is Melting (a good airplane read) for our Leadership Training
- Download professional apps to phone, tablet and/or computer from our apps class today