This homemade nut butter recipe is from one of my go-to recipe websites:
I seriously eat this by the spoonful as a snack! Another favorite way to eat it is on a cinnamon rice cake with raisins or apple slices and cinnamon. YUM!
Photo Credit: The Healthy Foodie
- 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Start by adding the raisins, pitted dates and walnuts to the bowl of your food processor
- Pulse a few times until you get a mixture that has the consistency of small pebbles. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shredded coconut, cashew pieces, macadamia nuts and coconut oil to the bowl of the food processor. Process until very smooth and creamy, about 8-10 minutes total, scraping the sides from time to time.
- Add the honey, vanilla, salt, ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Resume processing for just a few seconds, until well combined. Do not over process at this point or your nut butter may want to separate.
- Add reserved date raisin mixture and pulse a few times, very quickly, just to get everything mixed in, no more.
- Transfer to a clean glass jar and allow to rest for 24 hours so the nut butter can firm up a bit and flavors have a chance to fully develop.